Sunday, January 20, 2008

Almost there...

Kids grow up quickly and suddenly... one moment they are babbling, helpless, little bundles of drool, the next moment they are miniature people with opinions, their own set of likes and dislikes and they can communicate.  It is quite a miracle.

Here's another thing that amazes me. 

For the past seven years, we've had to purchase diapers.  This is from the time my daughter was born up to now. 

Seven years!

Seven years of buying poop and pee-pee collectors, in all of Pamper' different varieties:  Toddlers, Cruisers, Trainers, Swimmers. 

On only a couple of occasions, two different sizes.

I do have to say that we were lucky that diaper purchase for Vivian and Christian overlapped for a little over a month. 

I remember the time when we decided to stop buying Vivian diapers.  This period of time also coincided with us trying to get here in to a "no diaper" zoned pre-school.  We flat out told her:

We are not buying you any more diapers, you're a big girl and you know how to go to the potty and you need to go to school.

And, it worked. 

So, why am I blogging about this now?  Well...  these past couple of days, my son has been keeping his night time trainers dry!

I don't know if I'm happier b/c I can confirm the fact that my son is not going to be in diapers throughout High School and College, or that we're getting rid of another monthly expenditure.  (Yes, there was some celebration when we no longer had to buy baby food and formula)

Light at the End of the Tunnel...  here we come!

No comments: